Chorus students should have a new chorus folder with the following inside:
- practice log #1
(Wade Thomas practice log)
(Hidden Valley/Brookside practice log)
(Manor practice log)
- "Sisi Ni Moja" by Jacob Narverud choral octavo (sheet music)
- solfege (do re mi) hand signs (picture below) and Rounds #1 handout
- signed 5th Grade Music Rubric and Practice Guidelines
What to practice this week:
- hand signs for the major scale (picture below)
- Hey Ho, Nobody Home
- Dynamite Round
- Ah, Poor Bird
- Across the Field
If you like, you may listen to a recording of Sisi Ni Moja and follow along in your sheet music.
Bring your music folder and a pencil next week!
- Plan your practice schedule for the week.
- Designate a practice space that is free of distractions.
- Review your practice assignment and musical goals (written or on this website).
- Set a timer for your planned amount of practice.
- Practice! (Goal is at least 30 minutes total per week.)
- Complete your practice log and have your parent/guardian initial it before music day.