It was fun to meet you all and get almost all of you set with your instrument, shoulder rest, cello anchor strap, rosin and music. I think we will have a great year ahead.
Your main homework assignment this week is to get comfortable with the bow.
Remember the following:
1. Tighten your bow but keep the dip in the stick
2. Hold the bow at the balance point with your right hand!
3. Keep space between your fingers
4. Have a bent thumb and keep it behind the 2nd (middle) finger.
Here are the exercises we learned last week for your review:
1. Basketball dribbling: with relaxed and curved fingers, bounce up and down
2. Elevator--keep your arm straight but with a slight bend in your elbow
3. Windshield wipers
4. Scrape the sides of the cake batter with the bow "spatula"
5. Creepy crawly up and down the stick, both vertically and horizontally.
See you in class!